Thursday, September 29, 2011

25 Episodes of the Sonic Parthenon Show: The Numbers So Far

Number of Times I've Played the Dirtbombs: 10 (Mick Collins of the Dirtbombs has been played 12 times total, also counting the Gories and Blacktop).

Number of Times I've Played the Hold Steady: 10

Number of Times I've Played Bob Dylan: 9

Number of Times I've Played the Ramones: 13 (the Ramones also hold the record for number of consecutive episodes played with 6 - Episodes 13 through 18; Furthermore, the Ramones were played 8 times over 10 episodes, for a batting average of .462, thereby breaking Ted Williams' long-held record).

Number of Times I've Played the Beatles: 1

Number of Times I've Mentioned Not Liking the Beatles: 2

Number of Times I've Played Aerosmith Despite Also Saying I Don't Really Like Them: 2

Number of Artists I've Played Twice in One Show: 3 - the Hold Steady (twice), Bob Dylan, Ryan Adams

Number of Songs I've Played More Than Once: 1 - "Alex Chilton" by the Replacements

Number of Times I've Played Alex Chilton the person, not the song: 2 (both times as Big Star)

Number of Times I've Played the Replacements total: 7

Number of Times It Feels Like I've Played the Replacements: approximately 21

Number of Contemporary Pop Starletts I've Played: 1 (Adele)

Number of ads for Rocky Barnes, Secret Agent: 3

Number of Times I've Mentioned New York: Every episode, too many to count

Number of Times I've Mentioned I Love New York: 5

Number of Times I've Mentioned I Hate New Yorkers: 15

Number of Times I've Mentioned Philadelphia or my College Experience: almost every episode, also too many to count

Number of Times I've Mentioned Detroit - on purpose: about 6

Number of Times I've Mentioned Detroit - by accident: about 18

Number of References to No Longer Being "With It": surprisingly, only twice.

Number of References to my non-existent producer behind the non-existent glass, Horatio Huffnagle: 2

Number of References to my non-existent ex-wife, Zezu Pennypacker: 1

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home