Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Sonic Parthenon Show – Episode 22: “On My Mind”

The Sonic Parthenon Show – Episode 22: “On My Mind”

SPS22.mp3

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg5cPXbti4ZTDeroOGs9_2JCxfHbgTCYs81bXG5xfeCigsilE6coO1ct89KtAjm0LL4DXevLp12leR2ArucXyZmntPMTQpPL09CZfuB7P3cVdhC6McOZvARDh6GizAULiadpqeb/s400/pinky_brain_x_22.jpg

Intro
“Romance” by Wild Flag

Set 1
“Color Me Impressed” by the Replacements
“Dyslexic Heart” by Paul Westerberg
“Girl Who Lives on Heaven Hill” by Husker Du
“I’m Sorry, Baby, But You Can’t Stand in My Light Anymore” by Bob Mould

Set 2
“Radioactive” by Kings of Leon
“Taken for a Fool” by the Strokes
“Julius” by Phish
“Spasticus (Autisticus)” by Ian Dury & the Blockheads

Set 3
“My Mistakes” by Eleanor Friedburger
“Ten-Twenty-Ten” by Generationals
“King of Diamonds” by Motopony
“Dressed Sharply” by An Horse

Set 4
“Scent of a Woman” by Cheap Trick
“What Do I Get?” by the Buzzcocks
“Sick to Move” by Superchunk
“I’m Gonna Change Your Life” by the Thermals

Set 5
“This Ain’t No Picnic” by Minutemen
“3 Dimes Down” by Drive-in Truckers
“Don’t Come Home a-Drinkin’” by Loretta Lynn
“Fallin’ & Flying” by Jeff Bridges

Set 6
“50’s” by Pomegranates
“Collide” by Elks*
“Butch” by Saint Motel
“Albatross” by Besnard Lakes

Set 7
“Rolling in the Deep” by Adele
“Pop Song 89” by R.E.M.
“Excitable Boy” by Warren Zevon
“We Started Nothing” by the Ting Tings

Outro
“Rock and Roll Babe” by Cocktail Slippers

*(Update on August 30, 2011: It turns out indeed that the Elks band I mention performing in September at Union Pool is quite NOT the Elks band I played on this particular program. The Elks band that is playing is in fact a hardcore thrash band - to wit).

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home