Sunday, May 01, 2011

The Sonic Parthenon Show: Episode 11 - “Not Your Sister's 1980's”

The Sonic Parthenon Show: Episode 11 - “Not Your Sister's 1980's”

SPS11.mp3

The Sonic Parthenon Show returns tomorrow with a look at the 1980’s. It’ll be the childhood you don’t remember having.

Special 5/1/11 Intro
“God Save the Queen” by the Sex Pistols
“Identity” by X-Ray Speks

Intro
“King of Rock” by Run-D.M.C.

Set 1
“Real Wild Child” by Iggy Pop
“That’s Good” by Devo
“D.C. Cab” by Peabo Bryson

Set 2
“Tonight I’m Gonna Rock You” by Spinal Tap
“The Boys Are Back in Town” by the Bus Boys
“Lookin’ Out the Window” by Stevie Ray Vaughan
“If I Should Fall From Grace of God” by the Pogues

Set 3
“867-5309” by Tommy Tutone
“Mexican Radio” by Wall of Voodoo
“88 Lines About 44 Women” by the Nails
“Mystery Achievement” by the Pretenders

Set 4
“Punk Rock Girl” by Dead Milkmen
“The Hungry Wolf” by X
“Too Many Creeps” by Bush Tetras
“Cables” by Big Black

Set 5
“I Will Dare” by the Replacements
“I Got You” by Split Enz
“A Million Miles Away” by the Plimsouls
“Some Candy Talking” by Jesus and Mary Chain

Set 6
“Radio Free Europe” by R.E.M.
“Town Called Malice” by the Jam
“Panic” by the Smiths
“Listen Like Thieves” by INXS

Set 7
“I’m a Rocker” by Bruce Springsteen
“Jockey Full of Bourbon” by Tom Waits
“The Boy in the Bubble” by Paul Simon
“Dirty Blvd” by Lou Reed

Set 8
“The KKK Took My Baby Away” by the Ramones
“Police on My Back” by the Clash
“People Like Us” by Talking Heads

Set 9
“Amplifier” by the dB’s
“I Apologize” by Hüsker Dü
“Glamour Boys” by Living Colour
“From Out of Nowhere” by Faith No More
“Kennedy” by the Wedding Present

Outro
“Come on Eileen” by Dexy’s Midnight Runners

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At May 3, 2011 at 10:23:00 PM EDT, Anonymous HongDie said...

I've found my leg warmers! Let's dance!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home