Sunday, October 28, 2007

Artist of the Week (Speaking of Mexican...): Rodrigo Y Gabriela

OK so in the previous post I actually said "Texican" but who's paying attention? From Mexico by way of Ireland, here is the fantastic, dynamic duo of Rodrigo y Gabriela, the greatest Hispanic thing to happen to rock since the Gypsy Kings had a hit with "Bamboleo" (sorry Los Lonely Boys but it's true).

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriba!


How much do I like them? Here's a second clip:

And they do a mean Stairway to Heaven too.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At October 28, 2007 at 8:43:00 AM EDT, Blogger Nan said...

WOW! Glad I stumbled onto this through Google alerts for my FAVORITE band... Los Lonely Boys.
You are right - Rodrigo y Gabriela are unbelievably talented and I am going to get their CD pronto! However, I would like to add that I wouldn't actually compare them to LLB. I don't think they share the same genre of music, perhaps the same heritage, but their music is very different. They are both distinctly amazing and talented in their own styles.

Orale! Nancy in VT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home