Friday, August 03, 2007

Random Giggage

Action Painters; Wormburner
@ Mercury Lounge
New York, NY - August 2, 2007


After getting too drunk for my own good at some yuppie bar party in Midtown, I somehow wound up at the Mercury Lounge, randomly checking out whoever was playing. I walked in on Wormburner who seem to be doing the power-pop indie-rock thing well and their cover of "Hungry Like The Wolf" was a good, pure version - we're not talking the Killers here. Headlining act Action Painters were just as good with good stage presence but I had to leave after a couple songs because the booze was catching up with me. Checking out their recorded music, it appears they didn't benefit from the "All Bands Are Great When You're Drunk" law. They're for real. I'll be sure to see these bands again.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home