Sunday, July 19, 2015

62 – "A Satellite of Love Straight to Pluto's Heart"

Listen to this episode by clicking on this sentence.


http://i.space.com/images/i/000/048/833/i02/pluto-lorri-new-horizons-high-res-color.jpg?1436883693




Beethoven – “Ode to Joy”
Clare & the Reasons – “Pluto”
The Jesus and Mary Chain – “Between Planets”
Man or Astro-Man? – “Planet Collision”
I Roy – “Space Flight”
Deep Purple – “Space Truckin’”
Devo – “Space Junk”
Tony Bennett – “The Boulevard of Broken Dreams”
The Mummies – “(You Must Fight to Live) on the Planet of the Apes
The Only Ones – “Another Girl, Another Planet”
The B-52’s – “Cosmic Thing”
Fanfarlo – “Comets”
Celebration – “Comets”
Adam Ant – “Apollo 9”
Lou Reed – “Satellite of Love”
The Beatles – “Revolution 9”*
Styx - "Come Sail Away"**

* Hidden track in that I reference a song is to be played but I don't say what song it is.
**Hidden track in that I planned on playing it from the moment I conceived this episode - as Pluto has a moon called Styx and it fits the notion of a spacecraft sailing through space - but then I just plum forgot until the closing minutes of the other hidden track and raced to tack this on after the closing credits. It counts! But my streak of never mentioning Styx on this program continues!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home