Sunday, July 20, 2014

Deltron 3030 @ Prospect Park

Deltron 3030
@ Prospect Park Bandshell
Brooklyn, NY - July 19, 2014

Written in the voice of Bill Cosby:

Elwood doesn't really know much about the rap, you see? But I do know about Del the Funky Homosapien because my a friend played me a song about being on a bus - heh heh heh heh - and I've heard Del interviewed on the public radio you see. And the night before, someone pointed out to me that the "Mistadoblina" was by Del. So when I was invited by the bus song friend to go see Del's project, Deltron 3030, I said sure. YOU SEE?!

At the immediate moment Del started the rapping, I thought "Gee, his voice is very familiar...he sounds like the guy who was on that Gorillas song - "Steve McQueen" or "Lee Marvin" or "Clint Eastwood" or whatever it was called heh heh heh and sure enough at the end of the show there was that song - it was him the whole time! YOU SEE?!

In between were the songs of the concept that is Deltron 3030, a dystopian saga that needs the graphic novel treatment or even a rotoscoped animated film (what's Ralph Bakshi up to these days? Heh heh heh).

I enjoyed it. You see?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home