Monday, October 14, 2013

The Sonic Parthenon Show – Episode 95: “Rock n Roll Songs about Rock n Roll”



The Sonic Parthenon Show – Episode 95: “Rock n Roll Songs about Rock n Roll”



 http://lowres-picturecabinet.com.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/43/main/16/95263.jpg

Intro
“2 4 6 8 Rock n Roll” by M.O.T.O

Set 1
“Rock & Roll” by Led Zeppelin
“Rock n Roll” by the Velvet Underground
“Rock n’ Roll” by Motorhead
“Rock’n Roll” by the Sounds
“Rock N Roll” by Ryan Adams

Set 2*
“Let There  Be Rock” by AC/DC
“The Golden Age of Rock n Roll” by Mott the Hoople
“God Damn Rock & Roll” by the Cramps
“The Heart of Rock n Roll” by Huey Lewis & the News
“Bang Bang Rock and Roll” by Art Brut

Set 3
“I Love Rock’n’ Roll” by Joan Jett
“I Hate Rock’n’ Roll” by the Jesus and Mary Chain
“I Want to Sing That Rock and Roll” by Gillian Welch
“I’m Just a Singer in a Rock n Roll Band” by the Moody Blues

Set 4
“Let the Boy Rock n’ Roll” by the Flamin’ Groovies
“Rock n Roll Girl” by the Beat
“Rockin’ Rollin’ Mama” by Buddy Jones
 “Rock and Roll Babe” by Cocktail Slippers

Set 5
“Rock n Roll High School (Phil Spector Version)” by the Ramones
“Rock’n America” by Catholic Girls
“Money Rock’n’Roll” by the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
“Rock-n-Roll Victim” by Death
“Rock and Roll Backlash” by the Woggles

Set 6
“Who Will Save Rock and Roll?” by the Dictators
“It’s Still Rock and Roll to Me” by Billy Joel
“It’s Only Rock N Roll (But I Like It)” by the Rolling Stones
“Raise Your Hands to Rock” by Motley Crue
“My My, Hey Hey (Out of the Blue)” by Neil Young & Crazy Horse

Outro
“Rock n Roll Will Stand” by the Blasters

*Note: set 2 suffers from the technical error of me forgetting to turn off the microphone. Fortunately and surprisingly, I am not caught talking to myself or saying or revealing anything at all. It just sounds muffled. Further amazement: this happened sober. You can skip from the 32nd minute to 51:30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home