Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life: The Electric Slide Election Edition

  • He did it.
  • We did it.
  • As an American, I don't think I've ever had a happier moment.
  • John McCain proved in his speech that he still has more class and more dignity than the people he has surrounded himself with the last few months. If the McCain of this speech was the candidate of the campaign, Obama may not have had such an easy electoral college win.
  • In equal measure, Obama's reference to the old Republican Party is exactly the kind of rhetoric that should bridge and inspire those who are willing to listen.
  • Great goodness - George W. Bush is not only 70 days away from leaving the Presidency, he was told tonight by a distinct majority of the nation that if they had to do it over again, it would be thanks but no thanks. Vindication.
  • I wonder what was making Sarah Palin actually cry.
  • I would like to put into words, the true words, what I feel about Obama, about the moment, about this night, about the future, about what I appreciate, about my country but tonight, Tavis Smiley said it better than anyone (save maybe John Lewis) could:

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home