Wednesday, July 09, 2008

A Re-Evaluation of Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson

A couple months ago, I savaged this young man in a terse, rather vague review as part of that now legacy-defining Langhorne Slim record release gig (Langhorne is currently enjoying a massive surge of popularity, J. Roddy recently snagged an opening slot for the Hold Steady who were in attendance that night).

Recently, Oh My Rockness provided an mp3 of MBAR covering the Cars' "Drive". I still wasn't liking it. All the while, I was struck by the name of this guy popping up in a lot of hipster rags.

Now Stereogum posted the video for his song "Buriedfied" and I have to admit...it's good. This is good, haunting, textured material. Why didn't he sound like this that night at the Merc?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At October 23, 2008 at 5:17:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw him in washington...he tried to get all pumped and go electric..
doesn't fit the songs it seems.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home