Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

  • I knew I was a hipster, and not a suit, when staring into the mirror at the office I observed my blazer, AC/DC t-shirt, jeans, sneakers, and bag and that I had just listened to Cut Copy, Santogold, and the Kills on my Ipod.
  • It's very funny that the most responses yet that I have received to a gig review have been from my brief, rather incomplete review of the Raconteurs and Black Lips. And you can imagine what they all say.
  • Sweet moment: Crossing 5th Ave whilst wearing a White Stripes shirt, a girl about 8 or 9 years old, big, broad smile on her face, walks up to me and says "nice shirt!" and gives me a big thumbs up. It's probably because she likes the White Stripes but it's also possible she just has a thing for flying penguins.
  • I know one can never truly know of every band in the world, but I swear that when Other Music publishes it's weekly new releases list, they are making half of those band names up.
  • I made reference to George Carlin's death but I assure you it hasn't hit me yet. And I don't know how I will react when it does.
  • This is dangerous. A gorgeous, gorgeous woman with a brain and an opinion.

  • Labels:

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home