Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

  • "26 years of nothing but failures and promises that I can't keep, oh no, but I'm not ready to go"
  • I think I met Miss Modern Age at the Ryan Adams show and neither of us know it. Considering the lip I gave her for posting a picture of Jack White's private life, it was probably for the best. Anyway, Miss Modern Age, if you are a dark, curly haired white girl who wore black to the show, took pictures from every angle, and talked a lot with a nice drunk blonde haired guy named Jim, you met me. But I'm not Jim. Nor was I his glasses wearing friend or the woman they were with. I joined them after the show and you gave Jim your email. In fact, it probably wasn't you. So nevermind. Don't post pictures of Jack White doing house chores anymore.
  • If God wanted us to sleep, there'd have been a God.
  • Life is a series of vindictive competitions, the only thing that changes are the contestants.
  • I am so sick of philosophical quips about life.
  • Here's what else I am sick of: Politicians and their goons who use the phrase: "[Insert rival's name here] is dead wrong on [insert issue here]". Their opponent just can't be wrong, they have to be dead wrong. Because we live in such dangerous times, for a politician's judgement to be wrong means we're all going to die. Which may actually be true (think of the thousands dead since Bush made wrong decisions). But it's that typical tone of arrogance, of political smugness, that comes with the vocal breathing of "dead wrong" that I can't stand. "Dead wrong" has replaced "Just another typical liberal" as the arrogant, smug political catchphrase of choice, except that this one is being used by both sides.
  • That all being said, Ann Coulter is dead wrong on the idea of living. She should look into considering other choices. Faggot.
  • Don't confuse Wolfmother with Wolf Parade or Sea Wolf. Also don't confuse the Most Serene Republic with the now defunct Golden Republic. While you're at it, try not to confuse the Duke Spirit with the Delta Spirit. Or Tiger Monkeys, Lions & Tigers, and TigerCity.
  • I don't know if television show creators do it anymore, but for years they kept trying to come up with competition for Regis and Kelly Lee (for brevity's sake, I'm merging Regis' co-hosts into one, amalgamated form), and all they would do is pair up another man and woman and change nothing. I suppose they thought that morning daytime viewers were just tired of the same hosts, not the format. That's no way to run a competition. Years ago, I remember one of Regis' brief co-hosts was Bernadette Peters. And it's a little known fact, but Bernadette Peters was pretty hot. You know, once you forgot the showtunes.

  • Labels:

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home