Sunday, February 26, 2006

Blue Republic's My Space Band of the Week: Mr. David Viner

Finally, my first misnomer! Or is it?...

Perhaps better stated as Artist of the Week, Mr. David Viner is a solo blues-folk troubadour cavorting about in the United Kingdom, particularly merry old England. He does however have something of a band with him, and it includes one American by the name of Ben Swank, whom you know from the Soledad Brothers.

The image “http://myspace-128.vo.llnwd.net/00286/82/17/286467128_l.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Viner is not a stranger to the American shores. His two albums can be picked up here (somewhere), and the first one was heavy on Detroit and Garage Rock friends. I belive it was even recorded at Jim Diamond's studio in Detroit, but I am too lazy to look it up for sure.

Anyway, check out the song "Sick and Tired" on my page, then travel over to Viner's My Space page and official site. You will not be dissapointed. And petition him to play in the States!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home