Thursday, July 09, 2009

Heavy Trash @ Mercury Lounge

Heavy Trash
@ Mercury Lounge
New York, NY - July 9, 2009

I should have stayed for Those Darlins, not just because I like what I've heard, but because I wanted to see why they would headline over Heavy Trash.
Anyway, HT were excellent. Either because of the superb sound of the Merc, or the band has become more polished over the years now that they've been cooking. There's a reason this has became Jon Spencer's main project - it's just that damn good. The shortened set didn't allow for "You Can't Win" or "They Were Kings" but "Crazy Pretty Baby" and "Justine Alright" held down the fort. The band's sound may be an excellent bottle of vintage but the energy and exhuberance led my colleague to note that Spencer is 20 years older and yet "looks younger than us". Personally, I think it's the hair.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home